Table of Contents
1.0 - Introduction
While some people enjoy mining enough to do it constantly, how are you going to get to that fabled 85th level? Most people choose to power mine iron ores and dropping them on the ground. Zero profit and it takes time out of your leveling to drop the ores; not very time efficient. Reading this guide you will know the secret of the best way to power mine iron with very low requirements to do so.
2.0 - Requirements
There is only one quest required to access the Dorgeshuun mines - The Lost Tribe quest. There are however, many items which will be very helpful. These are listed below:
- Chisel (Optional) - To cut any gems you may mine.
- Lit Lantern - A light source is a necessity in the Lumbridge caves. A lit lantern is preferable, as there is no naked flame, or oil to run out of. Should you be left without a light source, you will be dealt one damage every half-second; very dangerous.
- Mining Helm - This is an alternative to the lantern. It will help you light the way and get unaffected by the bats and bugs. It has to be lit to work, obviously. You need level 65 Firemaking to light one of these, so a lantern is recommended unless you would rather use the helm. This also opens up another inventory space for you since the lantern will not take it up.
- Tinderbox - Use this to reignite your light source if it goes out.
- Pickaxe (any kind) - Obviously needed to mine the ores.
- Ring of Dueling (Optional) - You may or may not want this to get out of the place quickly should you need to leave for whatever reason.
If you are using a lantern, Candle through Bullseye, you should bring a tinderbox. If you are just using a Mining Helm then you don't need to bring one, as they don't go out while you wear them. Consequently, creatures within the Dorgeshuun Mines there are creatures that drop a tinderbox, should you need one for whatever reason. If you have these items, you should have no trouble getting into the area, mining there, and leaving when you are ready to do so.
3.0 - Getting There
Firstly, I choose to wear a lit mining helm, and rune pickaxe. Make your way to Lumbridge Castle, and head into the kitchen. Climb down the trap door into the dungeon, and you will see a small hole in the wall. Ensure your light source is lit, then climb through.
Now, you won't have to make your way through the dungeon, to get to the Dorgeshuun goblins. Down the road a bit you you'll bump into Kazgar. He'll take you straight to where you need to go. Talk to him to begin the conversation (Picture). Choose the second option "Can you show me the way to the mine?" and he will instantly drop you off at the entrance of the mining area; free of charge.
Within the Dorgeshuun dwellings, you will find an array of things that you can do; mining related. Here is a handy map to see what ores are available (Picture).
Although only two kinds of ore are available, you came here for iron anyway. You're going to focus on two spots, and it is your choice to choose which one.
Has two rocks close to each other and one rock behind them. This would be the closer of the two, is does however, require more walking to get the iron than to get rid of it. This is the recommended spot to mine, as it has a lot of silver ore.
Has three iron rocks close to each other. The only disadvantage to this one is that it is far away from the spot you need to get rid of the ores. This one is useful for getting the ores quickly.
4.0 - Getting Rid of the Ores
If you have at least started the Recipe for Disaster
quest, you can use the Culinaromancers' Chest to bank your ores. You can do this quite quickly by getting the goblins to guide you through the caves.
If you haven't completed the quest, you can easily get rid of them by talking to Mistag found at the entrance of the mine (Picture). This one armed fellow will buy one of your ores for only 13 coins, but if you sell him 2 it will be rounded up to 27. Select the "Okay" Option to finish the transaction.
5.0 - Dangers
No place is perfect, and this is no exception. While the area is good, there are a few things that you will need to watch out for.
- Always keep your light source lit. Should you fail to do so, you will get hurt very quickly.
- Watch the Goblin Miners, as they try to mine the ores as well. While they never truly get the ore from the rock, you can accidentally attack them and possibly get hurt from the fight. They, however, are not the danger. A good solution do this problem is to wield a bow, but no arrows.
- There are also two kinds of monsters: Goblin Miner (Level 11), Goblin Guard (Level 24), Goblin Guard (Level 26).
As an added bonus, the Goblins tend to take care of their own kind and will not hesitate to help their troubled pal if you attack them.
6.0 - Extras
The Miners and Guards drop four items that can only be dropped in the Dorgeshuun mines.
|Stab: -4; Slash: -4; Crush: +16; Magic: -4; Range: +0
|Goblin Guards with Bone Clubs
|Stab: +11; Slash: +11; Crush: +11; Magic: +0; Range +0
|Goblin Guards with spears
|Stab: +5; Slash: +3; Crush: -4; Magic: +1; Range +0
|Slash: +4; Crush: +5; Magic: -1; Range: +4