- 1 Quest Point.
- 500 Cooking XP, 500 Prayer XP.
Next to the quarry, north-east of Varrock.
- 1 Quest Point.
- 5000 Prayer XP.
- Choice of Ram Skull Helmet or Bonesack.
Item: 8 Logs (any kind), 8 Jugs of Vinegar, 8 Pots, Tinderbox, ~200GP, Lantern.
Extended Quest Requirements:
Skill: 40 Slayer.
Quest: Must have started Creature Of Fenkenstrain, Horror from the Deep, The Lost Tribe, Zogre Flesh Eaters, Mogre Mini-Quest.
Item: 27 Logs (any kind), 27 Jugs of Vinegar, 27 Pots, Tinderbox, A few GP.
Skill: 20+ Combat, 45 Magic (for Teleports).
Item: Teleport Runes to Camelot, Lumbridge, Varrock.
Extended Quest Recommendations:
Skill: 75+ Combat, 20 Magic (for Teleports).
Item: Teleport Runes for Camelot, Lumbridge, Varrock. You can do it with one pot, it just takes a bit longer.
Everybody needs some body, and the Odd Old Man knows exactly which bits of those bodies he needs. Can you help him finish his extensive and extremely creepy collection?
The Odd Old Man
Talk to the Odd Old Man.
Receive the Wishlist and learn how to prepare the bones.
Talk to Fortunato in Draynor about Vinegar and buy some.
Collect the Bones.
Items needed: A few GP, Lantern.
To begin with, head north-east of Varrock, along the path that takes you to Drezel's Basement. When you're halfway there, you'll notice a pathway leading north, into a quarry. Once here, speak to the Odd Old Man and he will tell you that he collects bones. If you continue talking with him, and agree to help him, he will instruct you on what bones he needs (Picture) and how to prepare them for him to use (Picture). After speaking with him, there will be a "wish list" posted on the wall of the building. This list is updated as you collect the bones (it removes the bones from the list you have given). You can give the bones to him as you collect them if you wish.
Teleport to Lumbridge and collect some of the bones you will need, then make your way to Draynor Village markets, and speak to Fortunato. Ask him about vinegar, and then buy eight jugs of vinegar from him.
Teleport to Varrock, and go down into Varrock sewers, north of Horvik's armoury. Kill the Giant rats near the entrance until you get its bones. Head South-East of Varrock and go towards the South-East mine. You'll soon come across unicorns - kill one to get its bone. There are several bears guarding the South-East Varrock mine. Kill them to get this bone.
Head south of Varrock to the sheep pen. Kill the ram and get the skull. There are goblins all around Lumbridge. Head South-West toward Draynor Village and kill goblins until you get a skull. Make a stop in Draynor Village to purchase your vinegar. You may want to go ahead and cut the eight logs you need as well.
Head east of the unicorn to the Lumbridge swamp cave entrance, and climb down. Make your way south to the Big frogs - kill one until you obtain a leg bone. You must take a lit lantern and tinderbox (no open flame as the gas in the cave explodes) and maybe some food or a spiny helm with you. You need to kill the big frogs, not the level 99 ones. Bring runes for Camelot teleport with you.
Use your amulet of glory to teleport to Karamja, or head south of Ardougne and catch a boat ride to Brimhaven. Once there, head toward the eastern jungle of Karamja volcano, and kill the monkeys until you get a paw. Bring runes for Varrock teleport with you. Note: you will need 30gp for the boat ride and may need a range attack to kill the monkey. You can also get to Karamja for free on the boat if you have a Ring of Charos (a). Enter the Karamja Volcano, there are several Giant bats by the rope. Kill one to get its bones.
Preparing the Bones
Prepare the bones using Vinegar.
Boil the pots of bones in the pot boiler.
Give the cleaned bones to the Odd Old Man.
Items needed: 8 Logs (any kind), 8 Jugs of Vinegar, 8 Pots, Tinderbox.
Head to the bank in east Varrock. Withdraw all your bones, 8 jugs of vinegar, and 8 pots. Put the vinegar into the pots, and discard the empty jugs. Now add your bones to each of the pots of vinegar. Head back to the Odd Old Man's hut. You may use only 1 pot, as it is reusable.
Once back at the Odd Old Man, put a log in the pot-boiler in front of his hut. Now use a pot containing the bone and vinegar on the pot-boiler, and light it using your tinderbox (Picture). After a moment, you can remove the pot from the boiler: you will have a cleaned bone, and an empty pot. Repeat this process for the remaining pots of bones.
Talk with the Odd Old Man and he will take the bones.
A New Task
Read the new Wishlist.
Collect the bones specified.
After you complete the first part of the quest there is a new wish list posted on the wall of the Odd Old Man's hut (Picture). This list has 27 new creatures on it. These are shown below.
- Rat - Varrock sewer entrance (level 1 rats).
- Cave Goblin - Dungeon under Lumbridge castle. You will need to have started The Lost Tribe quest. Also needed is a light source with no open flame.
- Undead Cow - East of Canifis/ West of Port Phasmatys. Use your Ectophial to get there faster.
- Experiment - Experiment dungeon (east of Canifis/ West of Port Phasmatys). You will need to have started the Creature Of Fenkenstrain quest.
- Werewolf - Canifis. Attack the Man (Level 24)
- Ghoul - South-West of Canifis.
- Bat - Just west of the Odd Old Man.
- Jogre - Ardougne Zoo or Karamja Jungle. If you kill the one in the zoo, you will need to tele-grab the bones.
- Snake - Karamja jungle (near volcano, or pathway to nature altar).
- Fire giant - Waterfall Dungeon/Brimhaven dungeon.
- Wolf - White Wolf Mountain
- Ice giant - White Wolf Mountain area/ Ice Caves dungeon (near Port Sarim). you will need level 50 mining to get past the rockslide on White Wolf Mountain.
- Baby blue dragon - Taverley dungeon; you will need a dusty key or level 70 agility.
- Massive desert lizard - Desert South-East of Shantay Pass. Requires level 22 slayer and Ice coolers to kill. Use the magic carpet to get to the Ruins of Uzer. Once there, run South-West to the Lizards.
- Vulture - In the desert near the Agility Pyramid. Use the magic carpet near the Shantay Pass to get to Pollnivneach, then run south to the next magic carpet and fly to Sophanem, then head North-East. Note that range or magic attacks are needed to kill vultures.
- Jackal - In the desert near the Agility Pyramid or just south of Pollnivneach.
- Seagull - Port Sarim.
- Mogre - South of Port Sarim on Mudskipper Point. You will need to have done the mini-game and have level 32 slayer. Also needed is fishing es.
- Ogre - East of Castle Wars / West of Yanille.
- Zogre - Jiggig, south of Castle Wars. You will need to have started the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest.
- Dagannoth - Light House north of the Barbarian outpost. You need to have started the Horror from the Deep quest.
- Basilisk - Slayer dungeon. Requires level 40 slayer and a mirror shield(Can be bought from any Slayer Master).
- Zombie - Taverley dungeon/ Edgeville Dungeon.
- Moss giant - Varrock sewers/ west of Fishing guild/ Brimhaven dungeon.
- Terrorbird - Far west side of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. The Mounted birds will not drop the needed bones.
- Troll - Plateau / Trollheim. Teleport to Trollheim.
- Rabbits - Miscellania and Etceteria / Isafdar and Lletya. You will need to have started Regicide to get to Isafdar and Lletya.
Return to the Odd Old Man's hut.
Prepare the Bones.
Head to the bank in east Varrock. If you have 27 pots, fill them up at the bank (add the vinegar to the pot, then add the bones). Deposit all but 13 pots of bones, and withdraw 13 logs and a tinderbox. Now head back to the Odd Old Man's hut.
Once back at the Odd Old Man, put a log in the pot-boiler in front of his hut. Now use a pot containing the bone and vinegar on the pot-boiler, and light it using your tinderbox. After a moment, you can remove the pot from the boiler: you will have a cleaned bone, and an empty pot. Repeat this process for the remaining twelve pots of bones, then head back to Varrock to withdraw the last of your pots of bones and logs. Head back to the Odd Old Man and repeat this step.
Note: If you only have one pot that you're reusing, you will need to take many more trips.
Talk with the Odd Old Man and he will take the bones and tell you his collection is complete (Picture). You will be given a choice of a Ram Skull helmet or a Bonesack (Picture).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do the creatures drop the bones on the first kill?
A: No. You will sometimes have to kill multiple creatures.
Q: If I change my mind, can I switch the bag for the helm?
A: Yes. You just need to talk to the Odd Old Man.
Q: Can I get a replacement if I lose the bag or the helm?
A: Yes. You just need to talk to the Odd Old Man.
Q: What are the stats for the Bonesack?
A: It is worn in your cape slot and add +4 to all defence stats.
Q: What are the stats for the Ram Skull Helm?
A: Attack bonus: -2 Range. Defence bonus: +19 Stab, +21 Slash, +16 Crush, +19 Range. It is essentially an Adamant full helm without the negative magic (-6) attack bonus.
Q: Is there a third part to the quest?
A: Unknown. The posted Wish List now asks for "Non-chafing Manacles" (Picture).