Table of Contents
1.0 - Introduction
The Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup is a woodcut mini-game, situated in Tai Bwo Wannai. To be eligible to have a go at this mini-game, you must have completed the Jungle Potion quest. There are a few random treasures that you could happen to come across whilst playing this mini-game. These include gem rocks, and gout-tuber plants.
1.1 - How to Get There
There are a few ways you can get to Tai Bwo Wannai: You could take the gnome glider to Shilo Village, then head north-west and west. Or you could take the Ardougne boat to Brimhaven and walk south. Or use the N. Karamja teleport on your amulet of glory and walk west to Brimhaven, then south to the village.
1.2 - What to Bring
To be able to do this mini-game effectively, you will need some of the following items:
- » 20,000gp for general store, so you can buy anti-poison potions if you run out.
- » A Pickaxe for gem rocks which can randomly show when you hack your jungle.
- » A Spade to dig up Gout Tuber plants which spawn randomly when you hack through the jungle.
- » A Machete for hacking jungle and repairing fences.
- » Restore potions: Broodoo Victim lowers your stats. Use sparingly.
- » Anti-poisons: Tribesman and Bush Snakes are poisonous. These are also helpful in killing Broodoo Victims.
- » Food: Assists in killing Pale and Drawn Broodoo Victims by using food on them.
- » Relicym's Balm: Assists in killing Pale Yellow Broodoo Victims. You can buy these from Uglug Nar (south from Castle Wars).
There are also a few pieces of equipment that you could take:
- » Equipment with high magical defence, as Broodoo Victims cast magic.
- » A strong weapon, to easily kill any threats or annoyances.
- » A ring of dueling or ring of life, and a charged amulet of glory, just in case.
2.0 - Favour
There are several ways you can raise your favour. You can hack your way through the jungle, repair fences, or kill threats. These are detailed below.
To begin hacking the jungle, you first need to talk with Murcaily. He'll tell you that you need to wield a form of machete, to hack away at the jungle. There are three types of jungles: light jungle (level-10), medium jungle (level-20) and dense jungle (level-30). From every fully grown jungle you chop, you get four thatch spars.
||32 Woodcutting XP
||55 Woodcutting XP
||81 Woodcutting XP
To repair fences you need to be wielding your machete and have some Thatching Spars. You can use any of the three kinds of Thatch Spars: Thatch Spar Light, Thatch Spar Med, and Thatch Spar Dense. The Thatching Spars are obtained by hacking the jungle as show above. You will earn both favour and woodcutting experience while repairing the fences.
|Thatch Spar Light
||28 Woodcutting XP|
|Thatch Spar Medium
||40 Woodcutting XP|
|Thatch Spar Dense
||66 Woodcutting XP
3.0 - Threats
When you are hacking the jungles, there can be many threats that are hiding in these jungles. When you kill the threats you get favour from the village. For more information on how to kill these threats take a look at the monster section of this guide.
||Also gives 18 agility XP|
||Also gives 35 agility XP|
||Also gives 75 agility XP|
||Tribesman's weapons have poison on them so they can poison you. Their poison does 11 damage and can quickly kill you.|
||Bush Snakes can poison you. Their poison does 11 damage.|
|Green Broodoo Victim
||Green Tribal Mask
||Green Broodoo Victims lower your stats. To kill them use anti-poison on them. They can drop broodoo masks that you can wear, although you will need to remove it to speak to the villagers.|
|Pale and Drawn Broodoo Victim
||Pale and Drawn Tribal Mask
||Pale and Drawn Broodoo Victims. To kill these guys use any food on them. Your cooked spider on a stick works. They can drop broodoo masks that you can wear, although you will need to remove it to speak to the villagers.|
|Pale Yellow Broodoo Victim
||Pale Yellow Tribal Mask
||Pale Yellow Broodoo Victims lower your stats. To kill them use Relicym's Balm on them. They can drop broodoo masks that you can wear, although you will need to remove it to speak to the villagers.
Getting Trading Sticks
When you have 60%+ favour, you can talk to villagers to get trading sticks; below is a list:
- Murcaily - Speak to this person to begin the mini-game, allows you access to the Hardwood Grove after paying 100 trading sticks.
- Karaday - Upon completion of the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, you can recharge your prayer nearby this person.
- Rionasta - Found below the Chieftains' house. Runs the parcel service. Pay 10 sticks for every item you wish to transfer to your bank (includes stackable items).
- Gabooty - Runs the General Store where you can buy villager's clothes and sell Gnome drinks..
- Sharimika and Layleen - Climb up a ladder to find these two NPC's. Sharimika can teach you about the jungle, and Layleen is a village child.
- Mamma Bufetta - Climb the ladders to get to Sharimika and Layleen then climb down the ladder next to Sharimika. She teaches you how to cook Spider on a Stick.
- Safta Doc - He makes all types of machetes. Opal Machete: 3 opals (cut or uncut), 1 Gout tuber plant and 300 Trading sticks; Jade Machete: 3 Jades (cut or uncut), 1 Gout tuber plant and 600 Trading sticks; Red Topaz Machete: 3 Red Topaz (cut or uncut), 1 Gout tuber plant and 1200 Trading sticks.
- Fanellaman - Located near the boat.
- Jagbakoba - Located just to the south of Tai Bwo Wannai, near him is the only fire in Tai Bwo Wannai.