NPC's and Shops
- Arnold Lydspot: Runs the general store and the bank.
- Devin Mendelberg: Smith and handyman.
- Franklin Caranos: Wall repairman.
- George Laxmeister: Colony member.
- Herman Caranos: The director of the Colony.
- Kathy Corkat: She is the boatman and is located outside the walls. She will transport you to and from a spot north-west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- Ramara du Croissant: Colony member.
Arnold's Eclectic Supplies
Talk to: Arnold Lydspot
- Small Net: 5gp
- Harpoon: 5gp
- Raw Monkfish: 241gp
- Monkfish: 241gp
- Bread: 12gp
- Pot: 1gp
- Bucket of Milk: 6gp
- Needle: 1gp
- Thread: 1gp
- Beer: 2gp
- Glassblowing Pipe: 2gp
- Knife: 6gp
There is a seaweed spawn (two locations) that is only a single click from the bank. The respawn rate is fairly quick and you could enjoy some fishing while you wait. The store sells a glassblowing pipe and there is a range to cook the seaweed.
The colony is the only location that has monkfish. These fish give an incredible 120 XP for each one that you catch and only require level 62 fishing. You can also harpoon for swordfish and tuna here.
The furnace that is a single click from the bank. With the seaweed respawn, this is a good place to make your glass items. There is also a press located beside the furnace for making iron sheets. This is a slow process giving lower than normal smithing experience (only 20 XP each) and making sheets that can only be sold for 20 gp.
The mining area, located outside the colony walls to the south, is one of the few places in RuneScape that has three iron ore rocks located together. The bank is only a few clicks away. However, the furnace is on the way back to the bank, so you could stop to smelt iron before banking.
These level 83 skeletons provide a "fair" training opportunity. There are two buildings full of these, so you won't run out easily.